- Frontend Optimization: Optimize JS/CSS and HTML (includes compression, minimization, CDN/subdomain and optimization)
- Database optimization/normalization, database query caching, mysql configuration etc.
- Design Cache architecture: Implementing Cache setup, Memcache/Redis install and setup, APC install and setup
- Setting up the server/apache/firewall which best suits best for your website depending upon the traffic
- Setting up the proper browser cache for your static resource
- Implementing Load balancer. (if required, depending upon the traffic/load on the server)
All the above steps are included for wordpress as well and few more are below:
- Optimizing theme
- Optimize the plugin usage
- Hastable vulnerability
- Manage firewall
- Manage ports
All the above mentioned may not be applicable for all, it may vary depending upon the server architecture and traffic.