The growth of the E-commerce business model is gaining the attention of several global market players. People across the world prefer buying online as it is convenient & secure amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The E-commerce industry is growing rapidly because of the increased usage of the internet and mobile devices. Multiple platforms are available for e-commerce development but the features of Magento CMS are most advanced to integrate.
However, the developer face development challenges with the Magento CMS. If you’re planning to invest in Magento 2 Development, then there are several challenges that you need to address. The challenges faced are frustrating that often make the business enterprise look for professional development services. In this blog post, you will learn about the biggest challenges faced during e-commerce development.
Major Problems Faced by the E-commerce Industry
Problem 1: – Slow Loading
Magento 2 is known for its performance. But slow loading is a common concern of e-commerce developers. This lead to cart abandonment, increased bounce rates, missing page elements and loss in sales. You can fix this by consulting an experienced team of developers for solutions.
- Update to Latest Magento Version
This is the simplest approach to speed up an e-commerce website yet brings great results. Whenever with the latest version, the performance, bug fix, and security patch will be improved.
- Enable Varnish Cache
Varnish Cache is a built-in feature of Magento 2 allowing you to shorten the process of serving requests of the server from your website. This overall reduce your site’s response time, resulting in instant loading.
Problem 2: – Reset Magento Admin Password
In case the password is lost or just want to reset it for improved security, there are simple ways Magento Support Services recommend implementing as per your situation.
- Account Setting
- From the back-end, navigate to System then Permissions and click All Users.
- Here you’ll find a list of all currently present users. Select the user that you need to reset the password.
- Fill in a new password and confirm. At the “Current user identity verification”, add your current password then press Save Account.
- Using Default Recovery System
- Go to “Admin Panel”
- Click “Forgot Password”
- Fill in the E-mail address registered with Magento and click the “Retrieve password”
- Open the link in your mail, type in your new password, and press “Reset”
Problem 3: -. Generate 301 Redirects
301 Redirect permanently leads the IP to the new address. Besides, this function also permits rewriting the URL. Thus, it makes your e-commerce store more web-structured and SEO-optimized.
There are often simple ways Magento Development Company implement to generate a 301 redirect for your website.
Generate 301 redirect using .htacess
- If Module mod_rewrite.c>
- Enable rewrites
- Options + FollowSymlinks
- RewriteEngine on
- redirect 301 old_url new_url
- urls use relative paths
- For example: redirect 301 /old.html / new.html
Problem 4. Magento “Access Denied”
Magento “Access Denied” is a common error that happens when permission is not available to access the web pages. Common reasons for these issues are:
- Wrong role assignment when the user is created.
- Incorrect admin login credentials.
Firstly, log out and log in to your Magento account and reset the admin privileges. If you still face trouble accessing, check out these solutions.
- Wrong Role Assignment during New User Creation
When adding a new user from the admin panel, it is common to forget to assign a proper role. In this situation, you need to open System> Permissions > User > Click on user > User roles and correct the access right.
- Incorrect Admin Login Credentials
The most common reason for experiencing “Access Denied” is wrong information when login into the admin panel. If you try to sign out and log in again still can’t access it, use the following command to reset the password:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5(‘PASSWORD’) WHERE `username` = ‘USERNAME’;
So, these are the most common Magento 2 issues experienced by developers during e-commerce development.
So, these are some of the Magento e-commerce challenges. However, it’s a fact that most e-commerce giants are attracted to this innovative CMS. The E-commerce industry is growing at a rapid pace and several international enterprises are making a considerable investment in launching an online store.
This has increased the demand for hiring Magento developer service. If you’re planning to build an online store, then you should make sure that you’re prepared for all the major Magento challenges and build a powerful online store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Magento 2 work?
Magento 2 empowers store owners with better speed and improved productivity. Featuring over 50% faster page load speeds across catalog and checkout pages, performance lies at the heart to enhance the customer experience and grow the conversion rates. In addition, a secure payment mechanism is offered to the users.
- What is the biggest challenge in E-commerce?
To keep up with competitors, it is important to know the biggest challenges in E-commerce.
- Higher customer expectations.
- Expanded customer options.
- Increased difficulty in attracting customers.
- Increased importance in using technologies to automate.
- Continued uncertainty.
- How can E-commerce challenges be overcome?
- Opt for Flexible Technology.
- Support Cross-border and Global Sales.
- Adopt a Mobile-First Approach.
- Create a Seamless Brand Experience.
- Integrate Advanced Analytics.
- Experiment with Ideas.
- What is Magento Marketplace?
Magento Marketplace is the next generation application store offering merchants solutions and provides qualified developers with the tools, platform, and prime location to build a thriving business.