Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Managers work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’ s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’ s competitors
- Work with and develop the current prospect database within specified business sectors to generate effective leads & exceed sales targets for the business.
- Develop a sales contact plan to include cold-calling, direct marketing, and attending industry events to build relationships with key prospects.
- Respond to incoming Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in a professional and creative manner.
- Understand a prospect’ s business needs and develop a tailored digital marketing Proposal using all relevant TD products and solutions, drawing on expert internal resource as required.
- Work closely with Marketing to identify appropriate go to market messaging for specific business sectors.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’ s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’ s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs. Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’ s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’ s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’ s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’ s goal and purpose so that it will continual to enhance the company’ s performance.
Knowledge Sharing, learning & development
- Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with industry knowledge.
- Work closely with the affiliate team to develop new business proposals.
- Work closely with the client service, operations, editorial and implementation teams to demonstrate expertise at new business pitches.
- Contribute to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building knowledge with others.
- Adopt the performance management scheme by setting objectives, participating in performance reviews and building a personal development plan
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is often requested as well.Apply