The participants are privileged to get acquainted with the following aspects of PHP Programming.
What can PHP do for you?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is an open source general-purpose scripting language that is embedded in HTML. It is specifically used for web development. It is fast, adaptable and pragmatic that powers everything from your blog to almost all the popular websites in the world. It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server. Though it is mainly focused on server-side scripting, it can do much for you such as command line scripting, writing desktop applications, collect form data, generate dynamic page content, send and receive cookies, and so forth.
Why learn PHP Programming?
- Open source, completely free and easy to learn.
- Platform independent and runs on Windows Linux or Mac servers.
- Interfaces with Apache/MySQL easily.
- Easy access to other web-based tools through PHP. For instance, Google maps.
- Runs fast over the Internet
- Easy Integration with Ajax
- The most basic language to learn for a hacker
- Easy to deploy the Application
- Several free hosting that supports PHP applications are available
- Manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, build e-commerce sites.
- And more
It’s simple and easy. You need just three things: PHP, A web browser, and a web server. Depending on the operating system setup, you may need web server such as
Apache on Linux and MacOS X; IIS on Windows. There is nothing to set up on own, except writing PHP scripts, upload to the server, and see the results in the browser.
What to Expect in these two days?
The corporates will get acquainted with knowledge of Open Source development, PHP. A few highlights of the course are:
- Object-Oriented Programming through Design Patterns
- Error Handling in Detail
- User Authentication and Session Security (ex-HTTP Basic Authentication)
- Session Handling
- RPC: Interacting with Remote Services
Methods of Instruction:
This customized workshop program is designed in an intelligent way with interactive spirit which provides the students an opportunity to design, create and script their own ideas. This workshop is intended to provide a practical approach of the acquired knowledge in a more efficient way using illustrations.
An Introduction to PHP
A Brief Introduction of PHP as a Programming Language
Definition of PHP, its benefits and role in Web Development
Characteristics of PHP namely Simplicity, Efficiency, Security, Flexibility and Familiarity.
B. Object-Oriented Programming through Design Patterns
Basic introduction of object oriented programming concepts where everything is assumed as an object and implement software using different objects.
Object Oriented Concepts
Introduction to significant terminologies related to Object Oriented Programming.
Class; Object; Member Variable; Member function; Inheritance; Parent class; Child Class; Polymorphism; Overloading; Data Abstraction; Encapsulation; and Constructor.
A brief note on PHP classes; Creating Objects in PHP; Calling member functions; Constructor functions; Destructor, Inheritance; Function overriding; Public/Private or Protected members; Interfaces; Constants; Abstract classes; Static/ Final keywords and Calling parent constructors.
PHP Design Patterns with illustrations: Singleton; Factory; Strategy pattern, with emphasis on Model Controller View (MVC Pattern).
Error Handling in PHP
To handle errors, one must know to catch errors raised by your program and then rectify it by taking appropriate action.
- A note on corrective measures to handle errors
- Using die ( ) function
- Defining custom error handling function
- Possible error levels
- Exceptions Handling
- Creating custom exception handler
User Authentication and Session Security (ex-HTTP Basic Authentication)
Learn how to use PHP for user authentication via session and manage security related issues
- Create a secure site login
- Increase session security
- Hinder Password cracking, session hijacking
- Hashing Algorithms
- Password validity
- IP address validation
- User Agent validation
It is an alternative way to access data across the different pages of the website. By attending the session one would be proficient enough to:
- Start a PHP session
- Destroy a PHP session
- Turn on Auto session
- Sessions without cookies
RPC: Interacting with Remote Services
XML-RPC is easy to learn and use. It is the simplest XML-based protocol meant for exchanging information between computers across a network.
You will get to know about:
- What is XML-RPC?
- Why do we need XML-RPC?
- Discussion on data model
- Request and Response message format
- Live Demonstration of client and server work
Understanding the Aftermath:
Let’ s test what we have learnt for the day
- What components of development can be customized?
- What are the codes which we have to remember in our mind?
- Do I have to learn HTML and CSS first to start off the PHP development?
Summary of the session:
- What have you learnt?
- Doubt Clearing Sessions
Deliverables to the Participants:
- The Participants will be receiving ‘Certificate of Completion’ from Orange Mantra
- Project assistance and e-mail support after the workshop