As the internet becomes an indispensable part of the business, there is a need to build a robust online presence with the right digital strategy. The competition in this space is huge and there is a need to stand apart to stay in the race. When it comes to the key internet marketing strategies, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) definitely emerges as a dominant force. After all, it makes a business searchable and this is what really matters when you need to reach the maximum number of potential customers out there. Whether you are a budding startup or an established brand, SEO is a strategy that you must include in your marketing plan. Let us explore the reasons that make a solid SEO strategy a must-have for every business that wants to make it big today.
Search engines have always been there and will always be there
Search engines have been there right from the day that the internet came into existence and they will always be there. Undoubtedly, they are the lifeline of the internet as they deliver relevant answers to even the most irrelevant queries. Therefore, a presence across the search engines is essential for a business to survive and evolve as this is where the potential customers are most likely to find them. It has been found that a majority of traffic, even for the popular brands, comes to websites via a search engine rather than directly typing in the brand name. The question is how to access the top rankings on the search engines so that the potential visitors are most likely to reach your business website. A well-planned SEO strategy can pull in loads of traffic by using the high-ranking keywords to take your site to the top.
Continuous SEO is an effective tactic to bring long-term results
SEO makes use of certain keywords to lift the search rankings so that you can maximize the traffic to your website. Simple as it sounds, bringing a website to the top is challenging and retaining that position is even a bigger challenge. The site displaces its competitor to secure a place on the top and not doing SEO can result in loss of ranking. Therefore, this tactic is effective only when it is done consistently and continuously. Tactics like PPC, on the other hand, are regarded as short-term quick fixes as they focus on bringing in instant traffic that hardly impacts the search rank in the long run. For this reason, investing in a long-term SEO strategy is always a better option for businesses that want to reach their goals and retain them too. And the magic is that it costs much lesser than other paid strategies.
SEO delivers high Return on Investment (RoI)
Despite the fact that social media channels are gaining prominence for marketing, SEO continues to be the most productive inbound marketing channel in terms of RoI. The simplest reason is that it is a modest investment that gains high returns for long-term if done in the right way. In fact, studies have pointed out that as many as 40% of well-managed SEO campaigns fetch a long-term RoI exceeding 500%. However, the short-term figures may not be as impressive. So the key lies in being patient and consistent as results may take some time to be visible and you must continue your efforts during this while. Execution matters a lot as you need to work on the right keywords and use the right tactics to drive the best RoI.
Now that it is clear that SEO is absolutely required to enrich the online presence of any business, there is a need to understand the tactics to get the best results. Here are the elements that a sound strategy must have:
- A seasoned team uses the best practices to avail optimal results within the optimal time spans. It is to be backed by a sound content strategy whereby relevant, genuine, and keyword-rich content is to be used to fetch the best results.
- Quality link building is the backbone of a good SEO plan as relevant inbound and outbound links consolidate the website’s authority. High authority sites get a lot of organic traffic and are able to build credibility and brand awareness.
- Being focused and consistent in your efforts is the key as you cannot put the website at the risk of dropping down on search rankings by going slack with your efforts.
- Maintaining a social media presence can propel the benefits of an SEO campaign because it enhances social engagement as well as boosts traffic. This is a perfect mix to elevate the online positioning of the business website.
- The new search algorithm by Google penalizes the websites that are not optimized for the mobile. Therefore, it is essential to go responsive so that your SEO strategy brings the desired results.
- Since Google analyzes search queries semantically, your website’s SEO ranking can benefit by investing in blogs with Q&A format content. The site will automatically reach high rankings when customers type in search queries as Google will access the blog to fetch answers for them.
- Regular page optimization is another measure that businesses need to take to get excellent returns from their SEO plan. Page optimization includes optimization of the site’s design, content, navigation, and interlinking. Such activities not only improve rankings but enhance the customer experience as well.
Seeing the benefits that SEO can provide for your business are immense, it would be best if you engage expert professionals to use the right tactics and a result-oriented approach. At OrangeMantra, we are a leading SEO company which caters a complete range of digital marketing services to help businesses gain traction online. Our perspective goes beyond taking your website to the top as we believe in not only boosting business but building brands.