5th February, 2016 is a remarkable day in the history of India, where the team members of Hi-Tech Robotic Systems Ltd., operated India’s first Novus-Drive at the Auto Expo, Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR. The driverless operation was witnessed by our honorable Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Mr. Nitin Gadkari. The vehicle could be used for commuting in controlled locations such as intra-university travel, large office campus, health care communities, trade fair or the theme parks.
The vehicle is a complete Made in India product with research and development having taken place in Gurgaon. The vehicle starts its journey once the destination is entered without pausing, and moves in accordance with the direction and road congestion. It is a fourteen seater vehicle, which can navigate autonomously with its high fidelity sensors and robust algorithms for path planning and navigation. The vehicle perceives the external world by using 3d lidars, GPS/INS and stereo vision cameras controlled by an integrated drive-by-wire system.
The user may board the shuttle and enter the destination over a tablet mounted on the vehicle. The tablet has a navigation application to manage the booking and reach the desired destination. Orange Mantra’s passionate developers are happy to share that the complete app based seat reservation, destination selection, and on-demand booking at pre-designated stops are designed and developed on Android.
Features of the Navigation Application
- Seat Booking by the user: The passenger may board the shuttle, select and enter his desired destination over the mounted tablet.
- Alert stoppage at the source and destination: Automated alert announcement at all stoppages.
- Emergency stoppage on necessity: The passenger may alight anywhere in between the route by entering emergency stoppage over the tablet during emergency.
- Stoppage Markers: Upon click, the user may find geographical details of the selected destination over the pop-up info window.
- Alarm: The passenger is able to locate the current location with route map and estimated time of travel in kilometers.
Orange Mantra takes pride in developing the expeditious Android apps for its clients. The Android engineer group is amazingly proficient, centered, technology oriented and is challenging enough to face the concrete difficulties in the development phase with years of experience.