Job Description – Senior Software Developer
Candidate skill set:
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Leave code better than you found it.
- Test your code, be it client or server-side.
- Willing to take ownership of projects and present your proposed solutions to the wider team of non-technical staff.
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team with a proactive attitude to problem-solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
- Willing to work in a research capacityto find, test, and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
- Open, honest and direct, comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or Web Development.
- Strong knowledge of PHP object orientated and mySQL.
- Experience in Frameworks such as Symfony, Codeigniter or Laravel, Zend / Zend2.
Experience in CMS:
- 4+ years of experience in software graphics manipulation and web programming.
- Ability to scope and estimate technical builds.
- Knowledge of off-the-shelf CMS packages (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress).
Ability to code and debug in:
- CSS (responsive design framework)
- Experience of implementing Google Analytics code and debugging Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party APIs
Experience of MVC frameworks/architecture like:
- Zend1/ 2
- Magento 1.9/2
Experience of MVC frameworks/architecture:
- Must be able to stay on top of advancing internet and computer technology and its effects to the business environment
- Be willing to work in a research capacityto find, test, and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies