With the eCommerce landscape expanding at an overwhelming pace, every online retailer wishes to step ahead of the competition.
Including you, right?
Well, the key for eCommerce ventures to survive in this cutthroat competition is to adopt rising trends and technologies.
Integrate your eCommerce store with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software to deliver seamless customer experiences.
In short, use tech solutions to boost product sales to an optimum level.
But that’s not all about eCommerce and CRM integration.
In this post, you will get relevant information and guidance regarding the successful integration of CRM with your eCommerce store. We’ll also talk about CRM integration’s role, benefits, and working capacity.
Surely, at the end of the blog, you will implement the virtues of CRM to the eCommerce platform and see the growing sales patterns.
So, let’s start the discussion with an example of Amazon.
How Amazon Relies on CRM Integration
Did you know Amazon, the 3rd largest company in the world in terms of revenue, made $386 billion in 2020? The retail giant has a net income of $21.33 billion at the end of 2020.
One of the reasons for experiencing massive growth is having an in-house team of CRM experts and strategic implementation of software.
Because of this integration, Amazon can deliver a result-oriented customer experience based on the following attributes.
* Capturing customers data at the time of registration.
* Using the data to personalize offers across a multitude of marketing & sales channels.
* User-friendly interface of the platform allows users to share their personal information while signing up.
*An eye on analytics to know the user’s time spent on products, particular categories, products ordered, etc.
* Analyzing additional information like product viewing history, reordered items, payment using Amazon wallet, gift codes, and more.
All the above things are possible with the seamless integration of CRM with an eCommerce platform. And the result you see above is something relevant to all the retailers.
Now, it’s time for you to think deeply about CRM integration with eCommerce.
What is CRM?
CRM, short for customer relationship management, is a core process in most business operations. CRM systems enable you to get a 360-degree view of customers, their interactions, and the brand’s relationship.
It’s a software tool that helps you get a holistic view of how customers access your platform, interact with the site, view products, purchase something, and make payments. Overall, it allows seeing the transparent view of the customer journey and prospects as well.
More of a data-centric approach, CRM helps your business to focus on the organization’s relationship with customers, users, suppliers, colleagues, etc.
Why is CRM important for eCommerce operations?
It’s easy to understand why your eCommerce business requires CRM integration. Consider the below-mentioned benefits.
“Integrating eCommerce CRM will give you information about why customers are buying your products, what they expect from you, how to enhance their shopping behavior, track, & manage orders.”
Customer relationship management gives you an opportunity to better manage external interactions and customer relationships to drive success. Fulfil the enterprise’s objective to identify product sales opportunities, record service-related issues, and manage product marketing campaigns to yield maximum results.
For a better understanding, CRM software gives you an overview of the following:
- Get access to a customized dashboard to view customers’ previous interactions with your brand.
- Know the status of customers’ orders.
- Any pending customer service issue.
- Public social activity of customers (their likes, dislikes, product preference, feedback, complaints, etc.)
- Manage and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Use a data-driven approach to forecast accurate sales and prevent guesswork.
What a CRM Can Do for your eCommerce Platform
- Collect Customer Information: Start collecting the customer’s details including email, contact number, social media data, and others at a centralized location. You may also automatically pull any news related to any company’s activity along with the client’s preference, supplier’s details, etc. Record everything and organize in a way to analyze relevant information that can be used to bring seamless customer experiences and growth opportunities.
- Manage Activities & Interactions: With managing, activities mean marketing professionals have a complete overview of customers preferences. It helps decide which message should be appropriate for new and existing customers along with the preferred platform. Also, it enables you to decide the right message that should be delivered at the right time.
- Make Sales Reps Faster: With having a clear view of prospective customers, the sales team at eCommerce enterprise can make reps faster. CRM helps in bringing strong sales forecasting benefits to the business.
Key Benefits of eCommerce & CRM Integration
As of now, you might have got the idea of CRM integration with eCommerce helps analyze your entire customer journey. It allows you to effectively strategize a customer handling approach to survive and thrive in the competitive marketplace. Next to look at is the list of important benefits of this result-oriented integration.
Create Centralized Customer Database: With CRM integrated into your eCommerce platform, get access to a centralized database. Store customers’ product preferences, orders, accounts, clicks, leads from different resources, and other details. Everything gets stored in a centralized database which is simple to access at all times.
Optimum Lead Conversion: Converting clicks to leads is a cumbersome process. But CRM can make this process streamlined and profitable. By using the software support, you can analyze the lead’s product searching pattern, preference, and likes to revamp your marketing strategy. It leads to bringing a personalized approach to increase chances of sales and enhance revenue.
After-Sales Service: Store customers’ feedback after purchasing the products. Act on comments and valuable suggestions to make customers feel special and stick to your brand for further purchases.
Predictive Analysis: Analytics play a pivotal role in understanding customers’ behavior, changing trends, and product purchasing patterns. CRM offers you this predictive analytics approach based on demographics, user’s integrity, lead conversion, email, content relevance, etc.
Enhance Sales Team Performance: Your sales team can ideally leverage customers’ subtleties to upsell and cross-sell a distinctive range of products. It allows to pitch unquestionably based on interest and preference to increase product sales pattern.
Integration of CRM with an eCommerce platform is a profitable way to enhance sales. The software enables understanding, analyzing, and improving customer experience on your eCommerce site. It is the steps towards understanding your customers’ needs, preferences, and issues related to your enterprise. Thus, discover the routes of maximum eCommerce product sales with seamless and necessary integration of CRM.
Additionally, meet all your digital commerce requirements with OrangeMantra. A leading digital transformation and business acceleration company offers end-to-end eCommerce and CRM integration to become a data-driven enterprise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is CRM Essential for eCommerce?
CRM software allows eCommerce enterprises to analyze their past, current, and futuristic customers on distinctive parameters. It helps store all the customer’s information in a centralized database for further analysis, to grow, and to enhance product sales.
2. What are the Different Types of CRM Available?
There are three types of CRM you find, including analytical, collaborative, and operational. As per the requirement of your business objective, select any type of CRM that can be integrated with your eCommerce platform to yield maximum results.
3. How to Integrate CRM with eCommerce Platform?
For integrating the functionalities of CRM with your eCommerce store, you need a strategic and technical approach from experts like us. We are here to provide you with complete assistance in integrating the virtues of CRM all the way from creating an information database, app integration, and other support to enhancing business growth.